Forum nauczycieli

Forum nauczycieli i nie tylko.
Obecny czas: 14 Sie 2018, 10:47

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1 godzina (czas letni)

Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Temat postu: What to expect from Tuesdays NFL fall me
PostWysłany: 09 Sie 2018, 14:57 
Młodszy polekcjowicz
Młodszy polekcjowicz

When NFL owners meet Tuesday in New York, the national anthem will be a prominent item on the agenda.While there is not expected to be a vote to change the leagues national anthem policy, owners will try to find some middle ground with players who want to protest during the anthem to raise awarene s ofsocial i sues.NFL commi sioner Roger Goodell, team owners and other NFL executives will meet with executives from the NFL Players A sociation, as well as current and former players at the Conrad Hotel in Manhattan."I anticipate a very productive presentation of things we can do to work together. Beyond that I don't anticipate anything else," NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said Monday during a media conference call.Goodell wrote in a memo to all 32 teams last week that the "current dispute over the national anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans acro s the country."Goodell said in the same memo he was "very proud of owners and players who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to addre s the underlying i sues within their communities."The NFLs game operations manual says during the national anthem, "players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking."There will be no changes to the leagues anthem policy, but the league is also not expected to discipline any players who may not follow the manuals instructions to the letter.What will take place is teams owners and Goodell listening to a group of players who will speak on finding waysto work together to "move from protest to progre s.""Those conversations have been going on an almost weekly basis,"Lockhart said Monday. "It really is the result of what has been unprecedented dialogue to see what we can do if we work together on this i sue."Were proud to be able to work with our players to highlight these i sues to really put focus on the i sue and to put focus on how we believe the NFL and the game and our players bring communities together at a time when we are divided."Goodell and NFL staff will present a plan Tuesday to "use the platform the NFL enjoys to raise awarene s"on many social i sues and to make progre s."The debate has been going on, both at the national level, but importantly at the state level in capitals around the country," Lockhart said. "A key area is coming together and using the strength and the muscle of the players of the platform they have and the league has."Former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the anthem protest in August 2016, is not expected to be among the group of players meeting with league officials.Kaepernick said he wanted to draw attention to police brutality against people of color and other racial injustices acro s the country.Image

Wyświetl posty z poprzednich:  Sortuj według  
Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1 godzina (czas letni)

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość