Forum nauczycieli

Forum nauczycieli i nie tylko.
Obecny czas: 14 Lis 2018, 09:48

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1 godzina (czas letni)

Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Temat postu: Steelers WR Martavis Bryants trade reque
PostWysłany: 07 Wrz 2018, 15:47 
Starszy polekcjowicz
Starszy polekcjowicz

With 4:41 left in the second quarter of their game Sunday in Kansas City, as theSteelers drove toward still another of this seasons many field goals, Antonio Brown caught a pa s over the middle and dashed through the Chiefs secondary for a 26-yard gain.The play already was a succe s when Martavis Bryant became involved, and he didn't add much if anything to extend its value. But he didn't do nothing. As Brown fought for extra yards, Bryant slammed his wiry frame into free safety Ron Parker and dropped him to the turf. Brown went down about the same time, in the same area, but he noticed the effort Bryant had spent and rewarded it with a hand slap.This wasn't the only indication that Bryant was invested in Sunday's 19-13 Pittsburghvictory. There New England Patriots Super Bowl LII Jerseys was the short sideline pa s he turned into a 7-yard gain in the firstquarter, the sort of play on which he routinely had been tackled this season for a lo s or no gain. There was his 20-yard catch early in the second quarter on a cro sing pattern. There was his arrival on the scene after Browns miraculous, had-to-have it touchdown in the fourth quarter and his engagement in Browns oddly choreographed celebration.There was this tweet following the game:Big win today and tomorrow right back to work tomorrow I am happy to be a steeler and can't wait to reach number 7 this year. Martavis Bryant (@ThaBestUNO) October 16, 2017None of this seemed like the activity of a player fighting his way out of town, and yet after the Steelers had cleared their locker room and began their trip home, NFL.com'sIan Rapoport reported that Bryant had recently requested a trade and that teammates and coaches were aware he is unhappy.Ive got a movie quote I like to use for such occasions, the single best moment from An Officer and a Gentleman": Thats right: My grandmamawants to fly jets.Such a cool way of saying to someone: You dream the impo sible dream.Oh, yeah: Thatd be another eloquent way to say it.Look, theSteelers aren't going to tradeBryant before the Oct. 31 deadline. Whoever tipped Rapoportsurely knows this is not how the team operates, or else that person does not know the busine s very well.The Steelers list every player transaction executed since 2006 on their website. There are trades mentioned here and there, but in those 12 seasonsthere is only a single citation of a player trade executed after a seasons first football was kicked: moving conditional picks to Arizona for offensive tackle Levi Brown in October 2013.That one didn't turn out so well: Brown got hurt in warmups beforehis first game andnever played. Because the conditional"aspect of the trade required he actually remain on the active roster for a time, the Steelers were able to ask for what amounted to a refund. No pick changed hands. They haven't made such a deal since.MORE: Bryant now 'happy' in Pittsburgh?So for the entirety of Mike Tomlin's tenure as head coach, the team has nevertraded away a player during the season. This is a franchise that has a way of doing busine s: patience with the head coaches, no contract negotiations after the season starts, never trading away players in-season.

Wyświetl posty z poprzednich:  Sortuj według  
Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1 godzina (czas letni)

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość